Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Could I have some more chocolate in my hot cocoa?



Finding the perfect blend of cream and cocoa to satisfy my picky chocolate taste buds has been a feat indeed. I’ve been frantically searching the internet for hot cocoa recipes with the potential to awe. Well, after many failures, I have finally achieved my own conglomeration of cocoa recipes that best suits me (so far…).
Cara’s Hot Cocoa (Yes, I named it after myself)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup boiling water
3 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1. Mix cocoa powder, sugar, and hot water in a pot on the stove. Turn heat on medium/ high. Completely mix water with dry mixture.
2. Bring mixture to a boil for 2 minutes and stir continuously.
3. Add the milk and let simmer for 3-5 minutes. Continue to stir. Don’t let it boil.
4. Take mixture off heat once it is at your preferred drinking temperature.
5. Add vanilla extract and stir.
6. Add heavy whipping cream and stir.
7. Beat cocoa mixture until frothy.
Pour into your own vintage mug and serve with whip cream and marshmallows!
If you want to whip up your own whip cream…
Whipped Cream
1 cup (1/2 pint) of whipping cream
1/4 cup of granulated sugar (or maybe less)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 Tablespoon of cornstarch
1. Pour all ingredients in a bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Be sure not to over beat!
All of these measurements are approximate. (If you can’t tell by now, sometimes I just throw stuff in and hope for the best.) But you really can’t go wrong with whipped cream!
Enjoy!
-Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com