Thursday, May 24, 2012

Frozen Blueberry Lemonade

Frozen lemonade is the perfect complement to a sunny late-may afternoon. This is indisputable. I usually turn to frozen strawberry lemonade when the sunshine starts to stream, but a mid-afternoon conversation with the other mademoiselle miam stopped me in my tracks. In a moment of divine providence, I passed the Publix frozen fruit aisle as Cara and I were discussing her imminent experimentation with blueberry scone recipes (miam miam!). And that's when I knew.

Frozen BLUEBERRY lemonade.

The contraposition of tangy lemon and sweet summer blueberry is absolutely divine. You just can't beat it. I'll be lusting after this chilly drink all summer.


Oh, yum.

Frozen Blueberry Lemonade

Ingredients

2 cups frozen blueberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup chilled water
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions

1. Mix sugar, water and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
2. Blend lemonade with frozen blueberries until smooth.

Happy summer eating!

--Alyssa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com