Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Perfect BBQ Burgers

As a Southern Jewess, I have to take my barbecue in unconventional ways. No pulled pork platter here, no ma'am. But when the overwhelming smell of Birmingham's finest eateries becomes too much for me, I revert to my favorite barbecue sauce recipe and grill these perfect BBQ hamburgers.

I prefer everything homemade; rather than using store-bought buns, I decided to make my own. I used Mademoiselle Miam's excellent honey wheat roll recipe. Click on the preceding link to access the recipe.


The barbecue sauce recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:


1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground peppercorn

Directions:


Mix ingredients over low heat until combined, stirring occasionally.

I sprinkle my hamburger patties with salt and ground peppercorn and refrigerate them for thirty minutes prior to grilling. While grilling, I thoroughly coat both sides of the patties with barbecue sauce and serve the hamburgers coated in a thin layer of the remaining sauce.

Happy grilling!

--Alyssa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com