Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Revolutionary Pepper Jack Pasta

I've heard recently how much creamier pasta cooked in milk can be, but I've been dragging my heels in trying it out. (I was afraid to incur the wrath of Father Joe for using the rest of the milk.) A new yellow gallon of Mayfield milk was awaiting me this morning, however, so I decided that today was the day.

It was worth it.

The pasta is impeccably creamy, and, importantly, this was a ONE PAN pasta. After cooking the noodles in the milk, I simply added the cheese, allowed it to melt, and presto, delicioso. 

I decided to use a spicy cheese (Pepper Jack, my favorite) to balance out the sweetness and creaminess of the pasta. I also added in some salt and ground peppercorns for extra flavor. My mother the protein fiend added some leftover shredded lemon-pepper chicken to her pasta, which she said was surprisingly tasty.


Pepper Jack Pasta

Ingredients

2 cups dry pasta
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
ground peppercorn to taste
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese

Directions

1. Bring heavy cream and milk to simmer (not a boil) in a pan. Add dry pasta and reduce heat.
2. Add salt and peppercorn to pasta mixture and reduce heat. Cook for twenty minutes, stirring occasionally, or until pasta is done.
3. Remove from heat and add pepper jack cheese, stirring to mix thoroughly. Serve.

Happy eating!

--Alyssa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com